Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my edited iphotos for facebook upload?

I import photos to iphoto, edit them, then from facebook, click to upload those photos to an album. If the photos show up at all, they are the originals, not the edited. What's the problem?

OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 1:42 PM

8 replies

Feb 27, 2015 3:00 PM in response to Lindagurl

There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on 10 different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary depending on the version of iPhoto and the version of the OS. So to get help you need to give as much information as you can. Include things like:

- What version of iPhoto.

- What version of the Operating System.

- Details. As full a description of the problem as you can. For example, if you have a problem with exporting, then explain by describing how you are trying to export, and so on.

- History: Is this going on long? Has anything been installed or deleted? - Are there error messages?

- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.

- Anything unusual about your set up? Or how you use iPhoto?

Anything else you can think of that might help someone understand the problem you have.

Feb 27, 2015 3:16 PM in response to Yer_Man

thanks!

Yosemite 10.10.2

iPhoto 9.6

I export (typically from email) to iPhoto by either dragging, or right mouse click. Got to iPhoto and edit said pictures. Then from Facebook, I try to create a photo album, click to add pictures...the photos are either nowhere (takes a few days? for them to appear) or I can only find the originals, not the edited. I DO see the edited versions in iPhoto directly, but not when accessing iPhoto from facebook.

Feb 28, 2015 11:30 AM in response to Lindagurl

Back to your original library and let's try repair it:

Option 1

Back Up and try rebuild the library: hold down the command and option (or alt) keys while launching iPhoto. Use the resulting dialogue to rebuild. Choose to Repair Database. If that doesn't help, then try again, this time using Rebuild Database.

If that fails:

Option 2

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. (In early versions of Library Manager it's the File -> Rebuild command. In later versions it's under the Library menu.)

This will create an entirely new library. It will then copy (or try to) your photos and all the associated metadata and versions to this new Library, and arrange it as close as it can to what you had in the damaged Library. It does this based on information it finds in the iPhoto sharing mechanism - but that means that things not shared won't be there, so no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your events, albums and keywords, faces and places back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one.

Regards

TD

Where are my edited iphotos for facebook upload?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.