Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop spam calls

I get between 2 and 3 of those credit card scam calls a day. Is there any way to block them, or send a 120 decibel signal back at the caller, or possibly send a signal back that will blow up their ear piece?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 2:35 PM

12 replies

Feb 27, 2015 2:37 PM in response to mikesmith2014

If you know a specific telephone number, it can be blocked.

If these calls come from "Unknown" or similar, they cannot be blocked as such, but there is an alternate strategy. You could basically reject all calls except those from specific folks you know or recognize. To do that, use Settings > Do Not Disturb = "On" then set "Allow Calls From".

Feb 27, 2015 2:53 PM in response to mikesmith2014

what you can do is when they call you go to:

Phone > Recents > press the circle with the "i" in it > scroll down to the bottom it says "Block this caller" and it will put it in a list

I've been getting those too i used to make them a contact and put them there to block until they came up with this

let me know if you were able to do it because I'm not sure what iPhone you have

Feb 27, 2015 2:55 PM in response to mikesmith2014

mikesmith2014 wrote:

The calls come from all over the country. AT&T stated the spammers have a machine that makes up numbers for caller ID, and they thought Apple may have an app that would block fake phone numbers.

No, there is no such app. It's worth registering your number with donotcall.gov. It doesn't prevent everything but it does help.

Stop spam calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.