Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I turn off the logging in procedure?

A few days ago an Apple associate at the Apple store in Oak Brook, IL, added a new user to try to fix a problem I was having. Since then, even though I removed that second user, I have to log in. I am the only user so this is entirely unnecessary and I would like to go back to an automatic log in. However, I tried to change this in Apple Preferences but under Login Options the Automatic Login drop down is set for Off and cannot be changed. How do I get back to the automatic log in I had?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 2:44 PM

4 replies

Mar 1, 2015 6:30 AM in response to joyfromburr ridge

Hi joyfromburr ridge,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you wish to configure your system preferences to enable Automatic Login for your user account. It sounds like your options are greyed out, which is expected behavior if the preferences are locked. To unlock your preferences and make changes, click the lock icon in the bottom left corner - then enter an administrator name and password:

OS X Yosemite: Login Options pane of Users & Groups preferences

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18901?locale=en_US

Click the lock icon User uploaded file to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password.

- Matt M.

How can I turn off the logging in procedure?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.