Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S on IOS 8.1.3 Backup Problem

There is another thread, but it is two years old and discusses older IOS versions.

I have 8.1.3 on my iPhone. It has not backup since November. ITunes is not an option. I bought extra cloud storage. Your WEB instructions do not help since there IS NO "Backup Now" under iCloud to tap. There is "storage" and then "Manage storage" but never a "Backup Now" button or link to start a backup. I have nearly 25GB of storage available in iCloud. My iPad works and auto backs up just fine. I have powered off the iPhone. I have even deleted the last backup as suggested. Please DO NOT tell me to do the simple things like "Is WIFI connected" Both my idevices are using my WIFI just fine. The iPhone is locked and charged every night while connected to WIFI. Where is the stupid manual "Backup Now" button?

Oh, yes. The phone keeps asking me for my iCloud password. I use the same Apple user ID, password, WIFI, and anything else as on my iPad which is also on IOS 8.1.3. I have checked the spelling and double checked it many times. What gives?

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 7:31 PM

Try going to Settings > iCloud > Backup and make sure that it is ON.

If you touch Backup this should bring you the screen which turns On/Off iCloud Backup and also contains the Back Up Now command.

1 reply

iPhone 4S on IOS 8.1.3 Backup Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.