Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s gyroscope problem

i have a gyroscope problem on my iphone ive already calibrated in the compass app and it wont work for example i use my compass app and like the nirth goes south an the south goes north it goes crazy... At the home screen the parallax effect wont work just goes really laggy and crazy so i was wondering how could i solve this problem

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 2:00 PM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 6:25 AM in response to Mau6420

Hello Mau6420,

If the Compass app as well as the parallax effect aren't functioning, I would start troubleshooting by quitting the Settings app and the Compass app as well:

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.
  2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
  3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

Then reset the phone and try it again:

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

To reset, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If that does not solve the problem, I would next backup the phone to iTunes then restore the iOS from there.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Set it up without restoring a backup and test these functions again in a fresh install. If it works there then restore your backup and either verify that it still works, or if it stops that says there is something to do with the backup file itself.

If it does not work when you restore it, then it will need service:

iPhone Repair and Service

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Iphone 5s gyroscope problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.