Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manually Backup to PC - incl. Voice Memos?

After reinstall OS and new iTunes - my iPhone data wouldn't transfer to iTunes. I did manual back up (to PC) and I'm about to restore my iPhone.

What's very important for me is NOT TO LOSE VOICE MEMOS that are on my iPhone. Are Memos included in manual PC backup?

Or: A) Is there a way to get voice memos (copy, save to my PC) without using iTunes

B) Find in my PC from backup those voice memos? (Before I take the chance - restore my iPhone and find out if voice memos made it...?)

I have iPhone 5S(or C), using OS Win 7 64x.

Thank you

iPhone 5s, iOS 7, null

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 4:37 PM

According to this:

Create and delete iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups in iTunes - Apple Support

Voice Memos are backed up (see 1/2 way through "What iTunes backs up").

5 replies

Feb 27, 2015 4:57 PM in response to cuzka

Not sure about that, I don't use voice memos so I'm not familiar if they can be transferred to your computer via iTunes sync. But from the Voice Memos app itself you can send them out via email and they'll be an .m4a attachment that you can save. Just tap the send icon (rectangle with arrow pointing up).

But you cannot extract your voice memos out of your iOS backup if that's what you're thinking.

Manually Backup to PC - incl. Voice Memos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.