Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad opens app momentarily then closes back to desktop, apple logo or shutdown

Started yesterday, will not reliably operate google, FB, Words w/Friends, starts to load then just drops the app or does some other incomplete load, sometimes going back to apple logo or just blank screen...

iPad mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 4:56 PM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2015 5:05 PM in response to edcarol1

Start with reset of the iPad, but close all apps fIrst.

In order to close apps, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

Hold down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen after which time you can release the buttons and let the iPad start up.

If you are running less than iOS 7, you close apps from the recents tray at the bottom of the iPad when you double tap the home button, It helps if you provide a ititle more information about the device when you are seeking help.

Feb 28, 2015 12:32 PM in response to Demo

Many resets have been done, no help iOS is 8.0. I'm looking in settings and I see 12.7GB Capacity, but 0 bytes available. Not sure what's taking up all the HD space, wife sez she has 3 pics in her pics folder, but settings shows 304 pics. Settings also shows 11 vids, but we don't know where those are to delete. It looks obvious that we need HD availability, just don't know how to go about that...

Mar 1, 2015 5:38 AM in response to edcarol1

I think that you might be seeing some corruption on the iPad and that is what is causing all of the storage space to be taken up. The storage space that I am talking about is what is categorized as "other" data. You can only see this when your device is connected to iTunes on your computer.

Take a look at this user tip by Kappy. It is very informative and should be helpful, if "other" is causing this.

What is "Other" and What Can I Do About It?

Ipad opens app momentarily then closes back to desktop, apple logo or shutdown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.