Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what do I do after forced restart does nothing. Still can not use Ipad 2

I have ipad 2 running the latest update on 8. I was able to briefly turn on ipad last night, and then when I tried to use it , it would not do anything, nothing would open, therefore I forced closed. I have not been able to do a tyhing. I see apple logo and that is it. Will not open, will not go to slide to open and not line under logo showing trying to open etc. just plain white apple logo. I am not tech savvy, disabled older lady and really need help.I do not understand all the tech speech. I would be so grateful to anyone who may be able to help. Thank you for reading and trying to help in community.

Oh, this may be of importance or not, we were without internet for days due to move and co. not able to come out to put in service until last night , Feb.26,2015. Before then I stayed at a motel that supposedly had wifi, I did connect to them but service was very unstable. Thank you again.

Joyfulnana

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 6:31 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2015 6:38 PM in response to Joyful nana

First make sure that your iPad is fully charged.

If that's OK try resetting the iPad:

Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds).

If that doesn't help try restoring the iPad to Factory Settings (this will reload the Operating System S/W (iOS)):

Restore: Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory.

See here for more instructions on Restore: Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings ...

what do I do after forced restart does nothing. Still can not use Ipad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.