Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"You are posting content that is not permitted"

This may look like a glitch as I wanted to start a new thread and wrote just technical stuff (about browsing, Safari etc.) in the message box. I can't figure out what it disliked, however, it's strange. Tried to sign out and sign it, no difference, the alert still pops up. What is it?

All the best,

I.S.

Mac OS X (10.7.5), MacBook Pro 15.4 mid-2012

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 3:48 PM

5 replies

Feb 27, 2015 7:22 PM in response to scrutinizer82

scrutinizer

There is a Filter - not the same as the "& words you can't say on TV (and more)" Filter, you've seen 'em " That giant s***ing sound ", etc. - that triggers you Alert/Error message. It not only has 'Terms' it doesn't like, but ' PHRASES ' it censors.

I wrote a long post once and got nailed, so I ...

• copied
  • started over
  • pasted
  • trimmed various paragraphs until I found the offender paragraph
  • trimmed until I found the offender itself

It turned out to be a phrase, so I will illustrate how it doesn't and does offend - easier!

I like to live my life lolling by the stream, fishing.

Many could not watch the " L I V E Stream " on the AppleWatch Launch Event - it doesn't like the phrase, don't ask me why (unless it was an embarrassment)

User uploaded file

As these Filter Lists are closely held, there is no way to deduce what is offensive and what is permitted. Frustrating.

The Filter is clearly very literal in its application if I could defeat it so simply.

best luck

ÇÇÇ

Feb 28, 2015 10:57 AM in response to scrutinizer82

You're welcome.

As an old hand at scripting (Macromedia Director Lingo), "Comments" are your greatest friend

-- Mac property ancestor,master,programPath,bogusWindows -- ancestor: script containing methods common to all 3 platforms -- bogusWindows: names of "windows" such as the Clipboard that should never be made visible -- programPath: full path to Acrobat on new me,ser set ancestor = new(script "Acrobat manager generic","Mac") set master = 0 if ser <> "demo" then register(xtra "MasterApp", ser) end if set programPath = mappLocateExecutable(the pathToKnownDoc of me) if offset("Error",programPath) = 1 then handleError(me,"mappLocateExecutable",programPath) end if set bogusWindows = ["Yak yak yak","Clipboard"] return me end on cleanUp me quitAcro me end on printCommand me -- launches Acrobat with /p argument to print the doc -- set error = mappPrintDocument(the pdfPath of me & the currentFile of me) if error < 0 then handleError(me,"mappPrintDocument",error) end if end

- plain language explanation that you are inserting 'spaces' or some other delimiter in what immediately follows and how to put it right would suffice, methinks

Feb 28, 2015 11:03 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

WOW!! Did THAT not post WYSIWYG!

-- Mac

property ancestor,master,programPath,bogusWindows

-- ancestor: script containing methods common to all 3 platforms

-- bogusWindows: names of "windows" such as the Clipboard that should never be made visible

-- programPath: full path to Acrobat

on new me,ser

set ancestor = new(script "Acrobat manager generic","Mac")

set master = 0

if ser <> "demo" then

register(xtra "MasterApp", ser)

end if

set programPath = mappLocateExecutable(the pathToKnownDoc of me)

if offset("Error",programPath) = 1 then

handleError(me,"mappLocateExecutable",programPath)

end if

set bogusWindows = ["Yak yak yak","Clipboard"]

return me

end

on cleanUp me

quitAcro me

end

on printCommand me

-- launches Acrobat with /p argument to print the doc

--

set error = mappPrintDocument(the pdfPath of me & the currentFile of me)

if error < 0 then

handleError(me,"mappPrintDocument",error)

end if

end

User uploaded file

"You are posting content that is not permitted"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.