Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPad Air takes very long to charge.

new iPad Air is taking a LONG time to charge.

it does not seem to charge while I use it and have it plugged in.

THe "charge" indicator, the green battery, is lit and I do not get any messages stating "not charging".

should I have it powered down while attempting a charge ?

I Am used to my iPhone 5C that charges quickly even while I use it.

Is that an issue with this device ?

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 4:04 PM

33 replies

Feb 27, 2015 4:18 PM in response to stedman1

THank you for your quick answer.

I Have not actually timed a charge. I am reading a book on the Kindle app.

DEcided to to plug it in at 28% a couple hours ago

The charge meter has not changed from 28% in 2 hours.

WHen I take a longer break from reading, I will note the time and the increase on the battery meter, then get back to you.

Feb 27, 2015 4:44 PM in response to stedman1

i ordered this device thru "Daily Steals" which was advertised on CNET Cheap deals

the price was about $50 lower than Costco (on line).- yet I wonder if it actually "fell off a truck". It occasionally locks up. Screen is on but I can't change it OR power down. Holding the power & home button simultaneously should work, but not always. Have to hold them both for 30 seconds or longer.

I Guess I got what I paid for ?

the USB plug says "Made in China" but does not say "Apple" as do my plugs for my iPhone and iTouch - so I switched to one of the Apple plugs.

Can't really tell if the cord has any Apple ID on it. Just the USB mark.

i will try leaving on, hibernating, as I make & eat dinner and watch some streaming Netflix via a Roku on my TV

if it has charged any faster, or sufficiently, well, at least I know how much time to allow in the future.

Thanks again for your help

Feb 27, 2015 5:25 PM in response to mmeieio

Yes, I understand that, but all iDevices are charged with 5 volt chargers, all USB ports on computers supply 5 volts. The difference is in the current the chargers can supply. The charger you have rated at 5 volts @ 1 Amp will not charge the iPad. The charger linked above, although rated at 5 volts, can supply 2 Amps, thus supplying sufficient current to charge an iPad.

New iPad Air takes very long to charge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.