Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My first generation iPad will not connect to you tube app that is on ipad

FIrst generation iPad will not connect to you tube app

iPad

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 2:58 PM

4 replies

Feb 28, 2015 7:20 PM in response to JimHdk

When I try to start app, a notice comes up " will not connect to you tube" I have had this first generation iPad since the day they came out and I have never had any problems what so ever, my granddaughter uses you tube on it all the time, now suddenly this not connect problem, it will connect to you tube on safari, but not the iPad app, and its bundled with this generation iPad so I cannot uninstall and restart. Thanks for any help, I have already reset and that did not change it

Feb 28, 2015 7:33 PM in response to Ripperoo1946

YouTube and it's app is always evolving. What used to work may no longer work, not necessarily because of the app itself or the device itself but possibly because of certain protocols that are required when accessing YouTube. I had the same situation happen on an iPad 3 running an older iOS version along with an older version of the YouTube app. My ultimate solution was to update the app but that also required updating the iOS as well.

if you are on iPad 1, that may no longer be possible since the maximum iOS for that model is iOS 5.1.1. If your iOS is already at that version and the YouTube app is also maximized, then you're out of luck using the official YouTube app. With the iPad 1, you'll be running into incompatibility issues more and more as iOS advances and apps advance...while the iPad 1 is stuck.

Feb 28, 2015 7:53 PM in response to Ripperoo1946

I thought that this maybe what your answer was, but I am sure you are fully aware these wonderful apple products are not inexpensive, this was a big buy and I do have a new iPad air, which I love, but I would think since its a bundled app, that you tube and iTunes, or apple could have a little bit better communication and respect for those of us that are long time customers to not have to waste our time trying to solve an unsolvable problem

My first generation iPad will not connect to you tube app that is on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.