Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've purchased a movie from the iTunes store and I cannot get it to download? I've tried restarting the iPad...q

help please...I cant download a movie I purchased

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 3:52 PM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2015 6:43 PM in response to Demo

Yes, of course! Lol

it was saying preparing to download When I purchased it a day ago. Nothing is happening now.

After I restarted it, a bubble popped up and said failed to download and I could click either done or try again. I tried try again numerous times.

Went back into downloads and nothing...I can't even click to make it start. It does nothing.

My wifi works....I've been connect the entire time.

Feb 28, 2015 4:56 AM in response to Hannah8500

The very first thing that I would try is to restart your iPad and try again. Hold down on the sleep/power button until the slider appears on the screen and slide to the right to power off. Hold down on the sleep/power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen to resetrt the iPad, after it starts up, try the download again.

Another thing to try is to reboot your router. I realize that your WiFi is working, but sometimes this can kick start problematic downloads. Unplug it from power for about 30 seconds and then plug it back in again. Try the download again after the router starts up.

Something else to try that involves a few more steps ..... Close the iTunes Store app. Sign out of your Apple ID. Reset the iPad and then try again.

Double tap the home button and swipe up on the iTunes Store thumbnail preview window to close the app. Tap the home button. Go to the home screen. Go to Settings>iTunes & App Store> Apple ID. Tap your ID and sign out. Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen and then let go of the buttons and let the iPad start up.

Go back to Settings>iTunes & App Store>Apple ID. Sign in. Go back to the iTunes Store app and try to resume the download.

I've purchased a movie from the iTunes store and I cannot get it to download? I've tried restarting the iPad...q

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.