Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When tried to upgrade iphone 4S from 8.1.2 to 8.1.3 it crushed at the middle, after it it not let it tern on and cannot make recovery and crush in the middle of the process with "could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3014)"

When tried to upgrade iphone 4S from 8.1.2 to 8.1.3 it crushed at the middle.

After it it not let it tern on and cannot make recovery and crush in the middle of the process with "could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3014)"

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 6:36 AM

Hi bahaluly,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

If you see "an unknown error occured (3014)" when trying to restore your iPhone 4s, first try updating iTunes and then restoring your iPhone again:

Errors 3000-3020

If you see one of these messages and need help updating or restoring your iOS device, install the latest version of iTunes and try to update or restore again.

This information comes from the article below. If your iPhone still can't be restored, see the article for more troubleshooting tips:

Error 3194, Error 17, or "This device isn't eligible for the requested build" - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2015 6:36 AM in response to bahaluly

Hi bahaluly,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

If you see "an unknown error occured (3014)" when trying to restore your iPhone 4s, first try updating iTunes and then restoring your iPhone again:

Errors 3000-3020

If you see one of these messages and need help updating or restoring your iOS device, install the latest version of iTunes and try to update or restore again.

This information comes from the article below. If your iPhone still can't be restored, see the article for more troubleshooting tips:

Error 3194, Error 17, or "This device isn't eligible for the requested build" - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

Mar 1, 2015 6:39 AM in response to bahaluly

Hi bahaluly,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you are not able to update the iPhone. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

Solve network errors

Related errors: 17, 1638, 3014, 3194, 3000, 3002, 3004, 3013, 3014, 3015, 3194, 3200, or "There was a problem downloading the software," or "The device isn't eligible for the requested build." These alerts mean that your computer is either having difficulty contacting the Apple update server or communicating with your device.

Check your computer for software or settings that might cause communication issues between your computer and Apple or between your computer and your device.

Cheers,

Mario

Mar 1, 2015 6:50 AM in response to jeremy_v

Thank you Jeremy

I tried to do that but it not help.

I tried to restore and reinstall the iPhone in two computers in my home but it failed again and again.

Finally I took the iPhone to other home and in other computer that this Iphone never connected to it worked and I can done reinstall it.

Now it is working good on IOS 8.1.3.

When tried to upgrade iphone 4S from 8.1.2 to 8.1.3 it crushed at the middle, after it it not let it tern on and cannot make recovery and crush in the middle of the process with "could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3014)"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.