Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages not being received between iphone and ipad

Starting on Tuesday a friend of mine has been unable to receive text messages I send from my iphone 6 to her iPad (not sure which version she has) and I have been unable to receive texts from her iPad on my iPhone or Macbook. Both of us can send and receive from/to others. My service is with Verizona and hers is with Centurylink. I haven't done any software upgrades this week aside from an app update on my Macbook. Any ideas what could be causing this? I'm thinking it's something to do with our providers. My text messages to her immediately hang (the bar at the top stops about half way across) and she says hers immediately tell her that he message can't be sent.

Any idea what might be causing this?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 8:16 PM

• Looks like CenturyLink is on the Verizon Network - so call it same network*
  • your problems are between two customers of the same network = Verizon
  • no problems with others
  • no known changes - this is always the first thing, but we forget that the Carrier is involved!

CONCLUSION: Call Verizon and CenturyLink and stick with the above facts

*1st thing I did was Google [ Verizon ios messages Centurylink ] - nothing of note (no 'trouble' trending, so to speak) - the two's "Help" pages mostly + hype of the 'Partnership'

ÇÇÇ

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2015 8:16 PM in response to admixture

• Looks like CenturyLink is on the Verizon Network - so call it same network*
  • your problems are between two customers of the same network = Verizon
  • no problems with others
  • no known changes - this is always the first thing, but we forget that the Carrier is involved!

CONCLUSION: Call Verizon and CenturyLink and stick with the above facts

*1st thing I did was Google [ Verizon ios messages Centurylink ] - nothing of note (no 'trouble' trending, so to speak) - the two's "Help" pages mostly + hype of the 'Partnership'

ÇÇÇ

Feb 27, 2015 10:13 PM in response to admixture

One thing I have learned about large databases is that sometimes a glitch can 'attach' itself to a record (i.e., a User). That is my bet, you, your friend or most likely BOTH have some funkiness attached to your DB records.

This may be difficult to find and kill however. I (and others) have had experiences with assorted glitches that I can say with confidence were attached to my AppleID. Proved it because I have TWO and the non-ChitlinsCC one did not have the glitch. All things exactly the same with only difference the AppleID I was logged as.

Yahoo Mail had a MAJOR issue when iOS 8.1.3 released on a LOT of iDevices (not all). It required that Yahoo comply with the iOS and that required some tweak be applied to every account, systematically, of Yahoo Mail - they are still doing it months later. (How could they know from an email account what device, OS and App each had? Couldn't, so every single account! = BIG JOB)

To try and be proactive... Why don't you both (one at a time to see if you could find the culprit) delete the Method & Means of contacting each other and recreate the M&M <(how often do you get to put M&M in a sentence?)

• YOU
    • Delete Contact
    • redo
    • test
  • if no joy, FRIEND

ditto

buenos noches

ÇÇÇ

---

"Live long and prosper" - Leonard Nimoy (Mister Spock) - RIP - 27 February 2015

Feb 27, 2015 10:13 PM in response to admixture

admixture wrote:

... a friend of mine has been unable to receive text messages I send from my iphone 6 to her iPad ...

Typically, when someone says "text messages", they mean SMS text messages that are sent/received between cellular telephones using a cellular carrier network. However, an iPad is not a cellular telephone! This is true regardless of whether the iPad has a cellular connection or not. The iPad is unable to send or receive SMS text messages (yes, there is an exception that involves the iPad person using an iPhone to assist, but it sounds like that does not apply here).

Apple offers iMessage as a way to exchange messages to/from other Apple devices. iMessages are related to text messages, but they typically use WiFi to be communicated. So I suggest you research iMessage troubleshooting, starting here:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Text messages not being received between iphone and ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.