Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was on my mac when my charger stopped working. When I turned on my laptop again it was acting weird. Saying I needed to give permission for certain applications? Help!

I was about to go on my computer as it was charging. My charger stopped working (it made a popping sound) and when i turned my computer on, it was acting a little strangely. The date was wrong and I had to "allow" or "deny" several applications. Why did this happen?

MacBook

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 4:29 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2015 5:44 PM in response to CLM1

From the menu bar, select

 ▹ System Preferences... ▹ Date & Time

Select the Time Zone tab in the preference pane that opens and check that the time zone matches your location. Then select the Date & Time tab. Check that the data and time shown (including the year) are correct, and correct them if not.

Check the box marked

Set date and time automatically

if it's not already checked, and select one of the Apple time servers from the menu next to it.

I was on my mac when my charger stopped working. When I turned on my laptop again it was acting weird. Saying I needed to give permission for certain applications? Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.