Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 locked

hi

i have purshased a iphone 5 from netherland from appstore and after 8.1,2 update it was locked

after check the imei i see that is unlocked but whene i put a sim card it say in itunes sim card locked

now its work only with att sim card whene i check it

MODEL: IPHONE 5 64GB WHITE A1429 GSM

IMEI: 013349000******

SERIAL: C39J95H1F39D

FIND MY iPHONE: OFF

HW WARRANTY: Out of Warranty (0 days)

PHONE SUPPORT: No phone support (0 days)

PURCHASE DATE: 2012-12-11

PRODUCT SOLD BY: APPLE NETHERLANDS

INITIAL CARRIER: ALBERT UNLOCK TEST AND TRAINING

PURCHASE COUNTRY: NETHERLANDS

what mean the ALBERT UNLOCK TEST AND TRAINING

please help

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 6:39 PM

2 replies

Feb 27, 2015 6:46 PM in response to scrullboard

That means nothing. No 3rd party has legitimate access to that information.

Call Apple and give them the serial number. Only they can tell you whether it's locked and to what carrier.

If it says the SIM is invalid, that indicates the phone is carrier locked. If it's telling you the SIM is locked, contact your carrier. That doesn't have anything to do with the phone itself. You must get the PUK code for the SIM from the carrier that issued it.

Feb 28, 2015 8:43 AM in response to scrullboard

You have either a used or a gray market phone that was originally locked to a carrier, and was hacked to unlock it. When you updated the phone it reverted to the original locked carrier. If you bought it from an Apple store (which is very unlikely) take it back to the store. If you bought it from any other store it was a dishonest dealer.

iphone 5 locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.