Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPad that is producing error 4013. I tried everything listed on the troubleshooting guide

Model MC705LL/A Version 7.0.4 (11B554a)

The iPad was freezing so I rebooted several times then I tried to update the operating system in settings. The screen is showing the power cord with the iTunes symbol. iTunes recognizes the iPad, prepares it for updating, the apple appears then it stops and says cannot connect to iPhone, no connection. The serial number then disappears from iTunes and the power cord displays on the iPad again. Any advice?? Help please. So frustrating.

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 5:24 PM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2015 4:26 AM in response to ldclean17

Then I believe that a trip to an Apple Store is in order. The only other suggestion I have is to try another compunter, if you have access to another one. Perhaps a friend or family member has a computer running iTunes that you can use, the device is going to be erased now so it doesn't mater which computer you use.

I have an iPad that is producing error 4013. I tried everything listed on the troubleshooting guide

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.