Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3 questions: 1) I am unable on my Mac Book Pro to enable iCloud Photo sharing in iPhoto preferences, why not? I cannot see my iCloud drive contents.Why not?

Having a Macbook Pro i have taken and loaded in 569 photos from my cameras and want to share using iCloud. But I simply cannot get iPhoto to enable iCloud photo sharing. What could be the cause? what should I try other than the instructions which I followed three times already as outlined in the FAQ section of the help function?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 8:58 AM

Does anything here help you? Get help using My Photo Stream - Apple Support

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.10.2

10 replies

Feb 28, 2015 9:31 PM in response to EZ Jim

Hi EZ Jim:

No. Nothing there helped me. Note that I said that I cannot even begin. I cannot enable iCloud Photo sharing . I do everything that the software says to do. I pick the boxfor enabling iCloud sharing and It says it is "Enabling ICloud sharing......" but nothing happens for minute or so and then I get the response : "iPhoto was unable to connect to iCloud Photos" every time . I have tried 5 times! Help!

Mar 3, 2015 10:47 AM in response to chipsr

Have you enabled iCloud Photo Library (beta) on your iPhone? It's in the Settings/iCloud/Photos pane

User uploaded file

If you have the disable it. That will get back your Camera Roll along with the the My Photo Stream feature. Also enable iCloud Photo Sharing in the same Settings pane. Then you should be able to share automatically via the My Photo Stream or via Shared Photo Streams.

User uploaded file

Mar 4, 2015 11:20 AM in response to Old Toad

OT

Thanks for the suggestion . As soon as they hand me my laptop at the store in 45 minutes time I shall try the disable and then re boot as you suggest.

so far they sent me this; Disk has no problem.They may have more to say to me re the flash drive and results of storage diagnostics and ASDs ( what is this? ) when I see them .

The case repair is redundant to the problem I am having but if they give me a new one worth $399 i will not complain,eh.

Problem Description/Diagnosis

Issue: MacBook Pro is running extremely slow. Specifically IPhoto
Steps to Reproduce: Attempted to repair disk, no issues found.
Cosmetic Condition: Scratches to enclosure and clamshell.
Proposed Resolution: Tighten MagSafe board. Run storage diagnostics and ASDs if no trouble found with flash drive.
Estimated Turn Around Time: We'll call you in 3 - 5 days
Mac OS Version: 10.10.x
Hard Drive Size: 251 GB
Memory Size: 8 GB
iLife Version: Unknown

Employee 1178255246

Repair Estimate

Item Number Description Price Amount Due Customer KBB
661-8154 Housing, Top Case with Battery $ 399.00 $ 0.00
S1490LL/A Hardware Repair Labor $ 39.00 $ 0.00
Tax $ 0.00
Total $ 438.00 $ 0.00

3 questions: 1) I am unable on my Mac Book Pro to enable iCloud Photo sharing in iPhoto preferences, why not? I cannot see my iCloud drive contents.Why not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.