Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone have the problem with ipad air chargers not lasting long? I went through 2 of them in 9 months and now had to buy another one

The ipad air chargers seem to be very flimsy. I am now buying my 3rd. one in a year. They just quit charging. I was told by a computer tech that the cables are very fragile. Anyone else have this problem?

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 7:37 PM

4 replies

Feb 27, 2015 7:54 PM in response to blondi50

I've never had a problem with any iPad charger or cable or any other Apple charger for that matter.

You do know that the cable is separate from the charger, right? If the cable has a problem you don't need to buy a new charger.

Are you using the Apple Charger & cable or a third party charger?

Note also that the Apple charger & cable that came with your iPad is also covered by the one-year warranty.

Of course, you should never disconnect the cable from the iPad or charger by pulling on the cable. Always pull the plug-in.

Mar 2, 2015 4:03 PM in response to JimHdk

I apologize. I did mean the charge cable. the charger part still works. Yes, I do only unplug with pulling the plug-in. Both cables are apple products. I won the ipad in a contest, so I don't know that, or where I could return the cable to. I did register it though. I received the new one today, and it charges now. They seem so flimsy compared to my android cable, which is still working after 5 years from my tablet. Thank you for reply.

Mar 2, 2015 4:11 PM in response to blondi50

I haven't had problems with my cable yet, but I have read where others have the same issues that you have. If you look on Apple's own online store website, the cables do not get glowing reviews.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD818ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-cable?fnode=72aa00d 37f201f4a1aac56077feedfb9cfd13e0e3c9432a…

One and one half stars out of 5 stars with 1880 reviews.

Mar 2, 2015 4:16 PM in response to blondi50

Yes, I agree. Even the Belkin brand, which have always been pretty reliable, are not standing up to the normal usage. I have friends with the same issue with Samsung and HTC phone cables. I wonder if the makers realise that the average person seems to charge their phone every one to two days, as well as syncing to their computer, without excessive wear and tear? But until the cable manufacturers wake up to this, then a lot of people will be continually replacing their charging cables.

Pete

Does anyone have the problem with ipad air chargers not lasting long? I went through 2 of them in 9 months and now had to buy another one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.