Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mid2010 Macbook Pro also goes black.

My MacBook Pro also goes black. It started a 3-4 months after my extended warranty expired. Only recently I found it is something Apple has known about. Now it seems they will no longer fix the problem from what I read just now. WHY is that. My problem started in July 2014. I called but they said my warranty had expired. I had called about the DVD drive all of a sudden did not work. Being told the warranty had expired, I had to pay for the fix myself. Only a couple weeks after I received it back from repair, the screen started going black for no reason. The computer still ran but nothing on the screen.Since I had already been told I did not have a warranty what could I do. I hoped it would not happen again. It did . Sometimes when I had just turned on the computer. Now I find - apparently they did fix these problems as late as December 2014. Can anyone help? Thank you.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 5:14 PM

There are no replies.

My mid2010 Macbook Pro also goes black.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.