Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting photos from all devices

When I take a photo on my iPhone it backs up to the cloud automatically which is also on my computer through iPhoto. If I then decide to delete the photo on my phone, it does not delete from my computer and the cloud. The same can be said for deleting a photo in iPhoto on my computer and that it does not delete from my phone or the cloud. My main question is, how can I delete from one device so that it then delete from them all?

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 6:16 PM

When I take a photo on my iPhone it backs up to the cloud automatically which is also on my computer through iPhoto.

How are you using iCloud? Are you using "My Photo Stream" or iCloud Photo Library (Beta)? If you are using My Photo Stream, the photos are not backed up in iCloud. They are buffered in iCloud to be streamed to your devices and will be removed from iCloud automatically after 30 days. If you have iPhoto set to automatically import from My Photo Stream, the photos are copied from iCloud to the iPhoto Library and deleting from the iPhoto Library will not delete from iCloud or your iPhone. Only deleting from the Photo Stream will delete on all devices, but not the copy in the iPhoto Libtary.

If you want to store in iCloud, so that all deletions are in sync on all devices, consider to switch to iCloud Photo Library (Beta).

See: iCloud Photo Library beta FAQ

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2015 6:16 PM in response to Sques1825

When I take a photo on my iPhone it backs up to the cloud automatically which is also on my computer through iPhoto.

How are you using iCloud? Are you using "My Photo Stream" or iCloud Photo Library (Beta)? If you are using My Photo Stream, the photos are not backed up in iCloud. They are buffered in iCloud to be streamed to your devices and will be removed from iCloud automatically after 30 days. If you have iPhoto set to automatically import from My Photo Stream, the photos are copied from iCloud to the iPhoto Library and deleting from the iPhoto Library will not delete from iCloud or your iPhone. Only deleting from the Photo Stream will delete on all devices, but not the copy in the iPhoto Libtary.

If you want to store in iCloud, so that all deletions are in sync on all devices, consider to switch to iCloud Photo Library (Beta).

See: iCloud Photo Library beta FAQ

Deleting photos from all devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.