Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to share

I have a 75 minute movie that I've edited, and have attempted to "Share" it to Apple Devices 720, but got an error message.

The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.Compressor.CompressorKit.ErrorDomain error…

When I researched this in the discussions, the general suggestion is to update the software, but I have the latest versions of the OS and FCPX.

Today, I tried to Share to DVD, but got an error message "Disk is full."

Any suggestions on how to avoid this? The last time I shared to Apple Devices 720, I had no problem.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), OWC 1 TB 800 FW Drive, OWC 3 TB 800

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 6:28 PM

Where are you trying to save the output? How much free space is on that drive…and. indifferent, how much free space left on your boot drive?

Is this the only project you're having these problems with?

Russ

3 replies

Feb 27, 2015 11:00 PM in response to Russ H

I have 637 GB available on an external FW800 drive (to which I had attempted to send it), and 855 GB on the internal (boot) drive.

I tried again this evening and it worked. I'd like to try to correct things to make it more consistent. As I'd mentioned, both OS and FCPX are newest versions, so I'm not sure what the problem is (was?).

I'd done other projects since I got the new iMac in November, but none as "complicated" as this most recent. ("Complicated" insofar as multi-cam clips, 14 chapters, titling.) Perhaps it was a fluke...

Feb 28, 2015 8:08 AM in response to Gary Markovich

Glad you got it to work. Thanks for posting the good news, hardly anyone ever does that around here.

As you found, updating FCP seems to the common recommendation but it's pointless if you're up to date. At my shop, my partner had to fully delete all traces of FCPX and get it again from the App Store before any of his Share options would work again. We tried everything first but a reload turned out to be the easiest and quickest thing to do. I'm not recommending that anyone else do this. It just worked for us.

Unable to share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.