Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 suddenly will not connect to internet without wifi

Suddenly my iPhone 5 will not connect to the internet through safari without wifi...I have AT&T service. I have restored twice with no luck in getting it to work. Hardware or Software problem? Any suggestions are appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 10:29 PM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 8:08 AM in response to SFaulkenberry

Greetings SFaulkenberry,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like Safari on your iPhone 5 does not have a cellular data connection. If this issue persists even after restoring your iPhone, try these steps:

Make sure that your software is up to date:

Remove the SIM Cardand reinsert it. Allow the iPhone to acquire the network again.

If your SIM card hasSIM PIN enabled, try turning it off: Tap Settings > Phone > SIM PIN.

Try another location. If a different location works, but the original location still doesn't,contact your carrier to report the issue.

Reset network settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Resetting network settings on your device will erase all current saved settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, preferred networks, and VPN settings.

Contact your carrierto:

• Verify that the iPhone is properly set up on the account with the appropriate, current data plan.
  • Verify that there are no account-related blocks.
  • Find out if there are specific error messages in the carrier logs that could help determine why the issue is occurring.

If none of the above steps resolves the issue, contact your carrier, make an appointment at an Apple Retail Store, or contact AppleCare.

iPhone cellular data connection issues - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

iphone 5 suddenly will not connect to internet without wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.