Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Retina Trackpad shoots down and left

I bought my MacBook Pro less than 90 days ago. OS X Yosemite. I thought that the trackpad issue (it shoots down and left whenever it feels like it) was due to sensitivity...or perhaps my fingers/hand may be too close to the pad. So I turned all trackpad options off except for the double click and scroll. I also turned off devices that could be interfering with the Macbook - or removed them from the vicinity of my machine. I turned off bluetooth capability.

Still, when I'm using the trackpad...sure enough within a minute the curser swings down the to the left.

As I'm gamer this really ***** - I'll be playing a game and suddenly my screen is minimized and I'm scrambling to open it up again. I'll play the game for another two or three minutes and wooo...there goes my curser! Honestly, it's driving me nuts. This is a brand new machine.

Another Mac owner suggested that I buy a mouse. I haven't used a mouse since I owned a desk top. I just want this machine to work!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 9:16 PM

1 reply

Macbook Pro Retina Trackpad shoots down and left

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.