Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do some of my pictures are erased from my folders, and why can´t i see or recuperate photos from the garaje bin?

After I instalen Yosemite, my Iphoto started announcing that there were ¨certain inconsistencias ¨in my images, and Iphoto would take almost an hour to ¨fix¨the images. Then I noticed that I couldn´t look at the images in the garaje bin, tried to recuperate, first a selection, then tried to undo the deletion of the images, but nothing happenned, after that, several of my images in my Iphoto started to disparar while iI was scrolling through them… and do not know how to recupérate them… Can someone please tell me where to look for these missing images, which appear marked by a dotline square...

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 8:45 PM

7 replies

Mar 14, 2015 3:22 AM in response to Vulcan Quality

I have my Iphoto library just in my macbook pro. Inside Iphoto.

"Inside iPhoto" is a bit ambiguous. The iPhoto application does not store photos inside the application bundle but in the separate iPhoto lLbrary. By default will the iPhoto Library be in the Pictures folder. Is your iPhoto Library in the "Pictures" folder?

I have the original folders on my desktop.

How is the iPhoto preference "Advanced. Importing" set? Have you set it to "Copy items to the iPhoto Library", or is this option disabled and you reference the originals only outside the iPhoto Library?

Mar 22, 2015 1:24 PM in response to léonie

Greetings. Allow me to expand, please. I downloaded pictures from internet, as a collection with different themes directly from Internet. I only downloaded jpeg files or images. I organized my themes by folders on my desktop, then I copied some of them in a small 250gb external hard drive… But that´s just incidental. Whenever i had a folder of images that I wanted to play as a presentation, I just dragged the folder to the Iphoto main page and Iphoto just copies them and makes a file under the same name as the original folder. Of course I also have images of my own production, which are my main concern. But threee or four times, Iphoto said that I had inconsistencies in my pictures and I just had to agree to fix them. This operation could take up to a couple of hours por more...

But since I installed Yosemite, this glitch or question of inconsistencies, has not happened again, but somtimes, as I scroll through the folders in Iphoto, to edit some of the images or delete them, some of them become just a dotline square… I cannot see the image anymore, and when I do a presentation of the folders, these blaced out images appear in the show, as a black square or screen. I hope this information helps to answer your questions… Thank you for helping me.

why do some of my pictures are erased from my folders, and why can´t i see or recuperate photos from the garaje bin?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.