Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi is broken and is breaking everything.

tl;dr When the wifi is connected, all apps that use wifi crash and I cannot disconnect from wifi. After a process and the wifi is disconnected, apps open over LTE, but cannot connect back onto wifi.

I was watching a YouTube video on the official YouTube app when suddenly my video quits playing, it says that there is no connection and to try again, nothing I do works. I close that app and go to Ookla's Speed Test app to test my wifi speed, to make sure my wifi didn't just quit working. The app gets to the opening screen, freezes and then the app crashes. I tried opening Safari next, same thing, not even the home page would load, it was just white and then crashed. I next tried opening the Settings app, same thing. Instagram? Same. Calculator? Different, the calculator works perfectly, but doesn't use wifi. I do a soft reset (power button held down and swipe the off switch), reboot and try again, nothing. I try a hard reset (power button and home button held down until the system shuts down and reboots), still nothing. I turned airplane mode on (using control center because the settings app wont open) and the wifi symbol remain in the bar at the top of the screen, next to the little airplane. Tapping on the wifi button does nothing. I tried resetting my iPhone with airplane mode turned on and now the wifi is not connected. When I open control center the wifi button is neither grayed out (off) nor white (on) it is empty, like a hole. Nothing I do will connect the wifi. Apps will open now, but use my LTE. I opened the settings app and opened the wifi page and tried to flip the switch back to ON, but the switch is grayed out and neither swiping or tapping will turn my wifi back on. I turned to the internet next to try to solve my problems. Everywhere suggested resetting my network settings, although very few people seemed to have similar problems as me, nor got the results they wanted from this "solution", so I was reluctant at first but eventually did it. After the reset had completed, I was able to connect to wifi again! YAY! ... But the problem quickly returned after no more than ten minutes. I preformed another network setting reset, but this time nothing was solved. My control center button is a hole again and the wifi page in the settings app is grayed out. I did the network settings reset a third time and still nothing. I would rather not do a full reset on my phone, besides, I doubt that it would help with anything, seeing that resetting my network settings was only a temporary bandaid. Any other suggestions. Is there anything more I can do?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3, null

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 10:03 PM

There are no replies.

Wifi is broken and is breaking everything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.