Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to upload photobook with Iphoto

I am trying to order a photo book with Iphoto 9.6. Everytime I try I get the error "error occured uploading order". It was no problem to generate the pdf version via http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1040. Also tried to shut down computer and restart with Safe Boot. Nothing worked.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 10:22 PM

21 replies

Feb 28, 2015 11:41 AM in response to Hathokuan

I too am experiencing the same problem. I have booted in safe mode, made a PDF file, reviewed it -- and than hopefully tried to resend the book to Apple. But same problem. The software assembles fine, but than hangs when trying to upload.

Old Toad suggested choosing the correct Print Products -- that may be part of my problem -- I don't know what those are? I selected "book" is that what select Print Product refers to?

iMac 27", OS 10.10.2, iPhoto 9.6, 85 page book

I will appreciate your thoughts.

Nortske

Feb 28, 2015 12:13 PM in response to LarryHN

Hi Larry,

Thanks for responding. I am a Newbe to these support groups -- perhaps I have been lucky because for ten years I haven;t needed the help! But I do now.

I live in the US, Wisconsin to be exact. I am trying use iPhoto to send my data to ?? (Apple I guess ??) to have a book printed -- like I have done dozens of times before.

Thanks for your help.

Nortske

Feb 28, 2015 2:41 PM in response to Nortske

I have United States selected as my country.

Just a few more thoughts: You have to select the country where you want the book to be printed and delivered - the same country, as in your delivery addressed billing address, the same country as the country of the AppleID you are using, and where your credit card used with the AppleID is valid.

Also, make sure, nothing can interfere with your connection to the print product store; no firewall or antivirus software, no incompatible software. If booting into SafeMode does not help, try to disable antivirus software and firewalls, disable your energy saver, so your mac does not fall asleep and cause timeouts, and try to upload the book using a reliable network connection.

Mar 6, 2015 7:56 PM in response to Old Toad

Sorry for late reaction, but I got suddenly other/bigger issues with my Macbook Pro. Since trying to print this photo book with Iphoto, I am having big problems with Aperture. It works extremely slow, unusable. Checking the Activity Monitor it is something like "Image Capture Extension" taking up a lot of Memory. Even get to Aperture (not responding).

To answer your first question, yes I could create the pdf file, that worked perfect.

Mar 6, 2015 8:01 PM in response to Nortske

No, but I got other bigger issues with my Macbook Pro shortly after this. That is why I didn't respond yet. My computer was getting extremely slow, and it seems it is Aperture causing this. Checking the Activity Monitor, I get something like "Image Capture Extension" consuming all the memory. I think it might have to do with me opening up Iphoto, as before I never used Iphoto anymore (always work via Aperture). Just wanted to get the photobook printed which I never ordered, before they will close Iphoto and Aperture.

Have you similar issues? Have you been able to order your photobook?

Mar 6, 2015 9:04 PM in response to Hathokuan

I had the same problem. I noticed that when I uploaded my phonebook, the system would assembly the book just fine -- however during the upload phase, it would start to upload, create a small ball on the horizontal thermometer, and than hang. It appeared like the process started OK, but than got hung.

I envisioned some gatekeeper letting me in, but than later slamming the gate shut. The only gate keeper I could think of the process was my credit card. I checked out the details on my CC data on file with iPhoto, only to find my actual my credit card had been updated with a new expiration date, but the iPhoto data had not.

I brought the iPhone CC data up to date and my phonebook went right through!

What made the problem difficult to find is that the system never issued any error message. It just hung. But I am OK now. Thanks for all the posts.

Nortske

Mar 7, 2015 8:44 AM in response to Hathokuan

Regarding the MBP slowness have you tried killing that Image Capture process from the Activity Monitor and see if there's any improvement or if it comes back?

Download and run Etrecheck. Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here (and recommended by Apple Support personnel) in the ASC to help identify the more obvious culprits that may be at work causing problems.

Mar 11, 2015 4:16 AM in response to Nortske

I thought that might also be a solution the issue for me, but it wasn't. I have filled in my CC details again in itunes and also when ordering the photobook in Iphoto. Or is there another place where I should adjust the details?

Something changed though, before I was getting an error after a long time, now it just seems to hang, same as you mentioned, no error message anymore ...

Any other suggestions what I could try?

unable to upload photobook with Iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.