Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Early 2011 Display issue

Hi all,

After reading the replacement program that has been extended to MBP for 15" and 17", is there going to be any news with regards to the 13"?

The reason why I'm asking is that while I'm not sure if mine is an isolated issue or widespread/common occurrence, I have had my logic board replaced last year due to a display issue, and currently still unable to run external display, despite reading up on discussion that is going on.

The symptoms mirror that of the 15"/17", just that the 13" does not have a dedicated GPU.

Hope to get more suggestions/ solutions/ news to potential replacement program from here.

Thanks all!

Regards,

Ziang

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 9:17 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2015 10:12 PM in response to ziang82

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Early 2011 15 and 17-inch MacBooks Pro have had several GPU issues that causes graphic corruption, and it was an issue that showed in most MacBooks Pro. However, this does not apply to the 13-inch MacBook Pro, so I think it is just an issue that has appeared on your Mac but there is not a reason for a replacement program.

Macbook Pro Early 2011 Display issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.