Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto will not recognise my iPhone 4S

iTunes recognises my phone but iPhoto does not automatically load up when I connect the device. How do I get it to search for it?

iPhone 4S, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 4:03 AM

4 replies

Mar 1, 2015 9:04 AM in response to mpkrp

Howdy mpkrp,

It sounds like your iPhoto application is not opening automatically when you connect a camera to your computer. you should be able to change that behaviour in the Preferences for iPhoto according to the iPhoto help:

When you connect a camera

1. Make sure no cameras are connected to your computer.

2. Choose iPhoto > Preferences, and then click General.

3. Choose an option from the “Connecting camera opens” pop-up menu.

iPhoto is an option. Another option is Image Capture, an application included with OS X that you can use to transfer photos and video from your digital camera to your computer. Image Capture is useful if:

• You want to transfer photos from your camera to your computer, but you don’t want to import them into the iPhoto or Aperture library.

• You automate part of your photo-editing workflow with scripts that download and preprocess photos before you import them into iPhoto or Aperture.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

iPhoto will not recognise my iPhone 4S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.