Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my passcode on my new Iphone 6 and haven't backup it yet. Please help.

I got my Iphone 6 last week and went on vacation to take some pictures. However, in the middle of my vacation the IPhone restarted by itself and asking for a passcode. My passcode is not working anymore and pushing my Iphone to be disabled by trying to guess what it is. I tried to restore the Iphone by using my computer but I was not able to back it up because it's asking for a passcode also I tried to sync it and its does the same thing and asking for a passcode. I don't want to completely restore it without saving my pictures. Is it possible to reset my passcode by going to any apple service center? We do have all the necessary documents to prove the I am the owner of it. I just don't want to take the risk to restore it without backing it up. Please help.

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 10:02 PM

4 replies

Feb 28, 2015 12:08 AM in response to Chawjo_27

The purpose of the passcode is to protect the data in the iPhone (including photos) from people who do not know the passcode. The only way to eliminate the passcode is to restore the phone as new which eliminates the data from the iPhone. You can do that yourself or take it to an Apple Store and they will restore it for you. If you had made a backup you could then restore the data back to the iPhone (including the photos) but if you did not make a backup, then you will be unable to access the data.

You have not said whether or not you had the Photo stream feature enabled in your iCloud settings. If you did, your photos will be streamed back to your iPhone when you enable the feature after restoring the iPhone. Or perhaps you had enabled iCloud backups to made automatically every time you are on Wifi and plugged in. If yes, you can restore from the latest iCloud backup. If not, you are out of luck.

For the future, it is a good idea to enable iCloud automatic backups. You don't have to remember to make them and they will be there for you should you forget your passcode again.

I forgot my passcode on my new Iphone 6 and haven't backup it yet. Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.