Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Macbook Pro retina to samsung smart Tv

Hey Everyone

I have recently purchased a Samsung Smart TV (Model: H6800) . I would like to connect my existing Macbook Pro running on OSX. What i want to do is something like the mirroring thing than one can do with smart phones except I want to do it with My Macbook Pro. I know HDMI cable is the cheapest option, but I would really like to have it wirelessly configured. The TV manual mentions something like "Connecting via Home network(DLNA)" and "Samsung Link". I dont know what either of them are. Would it be advisable to get the Samsung link app on my mac, but then again would it work seamlessly with my Mac and would the interface be ready to use is my worry.Would appreciate your comments.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 2:41 AM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2015 8:50 AM in response to Ankitpradeep

Greetings Ankitpradeep,

One way to use your TV to display what is on the screen of your MacBook Pro wirelessly would be to use an Apple TV and AirPlay.

This page gives a general description of the Apple TV and what it can do -

Apple - Apple TV - HD iTunes content and more on your TV.

This page tells more about AirPlay -

Apple TV - AirPlay - Play content from iOS devices on Apple TV.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

Connecting Macbook Pro retina to samsung smart Tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.