Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing mountain lion over mavericks

Where would I get Mt. Lion to use on my Mavericks's 2014 computer, uninstalling the later and NOT "upgrading" to Yosemite? BR

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), see above

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 10:34 PM

2 replies

Feb 27, 2015 10:37 PM in response to brucerem

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

If your Mac came with OS X Mavericks, you only have the choice to use Mavericks or Yosemite, not Mountain Lion or older. This is caused because OS X Mountain Lion does not have the necessary drivers to run on your iMac, so you would end up having a fantastic prohibition sign every time you want to start up your Mac after installing Mountain Lion.

In other words, if you have had an older Mac, it is possible to install Mountain Lion over Mavericks (but always formatting the hard drive and losing everything), but not on a new Mac.

Feb 27, 2015 11:04 PM in response to mende1

Got it, thanks. Try and get mail and preview stabilized then as NEITHER work for me now, and none of chat-room fixes by Linc, et al are working for me. Preview is stable in safe mode as per Linc's "test' but he's not around to go to next step after proving problem is some unknown application or something which came onto computer in last 2 weeks while I did nothing, and was in hospital. BR

Installing mountain lion over mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.