Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn on my iPhone 5 when it won't even turn on charge

I Have recently put a new sim in my iphone 5 and it came up with searching but I could still send a message and recieve a message and go onto apps while it still coming up with searching at the left top side of my phone but I couldnt ring or receive a phone call then my dad looked at it he locked it then tried to turn it back on again and it didn't turn on we tried charging it up but it still didn't turn on also we have tried it with iTunes but no results on turning it on Dose anyone have any resolutions,thank you.

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 3:05 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 9:00 AM in response to Estandleyb20

Greetings Estandleyb20,

After reading your post, it sounds like your device is not responding. You may want to consider restarting the device first, and then resetting if that does not work. This article provides detailed instructions for Restarting, and Reseting:

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to restart

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  3. After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

How to reset

• You should reset your device as a last resort and only if you can't restart it.
  • To reset, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

How to turn on my iPhone 5 when it won't even turn on charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.