Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Air to Thunderbolt display charger

I just bought a Mac Air and i note it uses a 45W power source, I have a Thunderbolt display which i see provides 60W power flow and am afraid to damage my appreciated Air if i connect it to such a power source. Thanks in advance for your help

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5), i7 PROCESSOR 512 GB STORAGE 8GB RAM

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 9:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2015 7:58 AM

Hi Mr. Bacardi,

I understand that you would like to use a 60W power adapter with your MacBook Air. I have located a support article which provides additional information about power adapters.

Intel-Based Apple notebooks: Identifying the right power adapter and power cord - Apple Support

You may find this section helpful:

Power adapters for Intel-based Apple notebooks are available in 45W, 60W, and 85W varieties. Although you should always use the proper wattage adapter for your Apple notebook, you can use an adapter of a higher wattage without issue.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Bobby_D

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2015 7:58 AM in response to Mr. Bacardi

Hi Mr. Bacardi,

I understand that you would like to use a 60W power adapter with your MacBook Air. I have located a support article which provides additional information about power adapters.

Intel-Based Apple notebooks: Identifying the right power adapter and power cord - Apple Support

You may find this section helpful:

Power adapters for Intel-based Apple notebooks are available in 45W, 60W, and 85W varieties. Although you should always use the proper wattage adapter for your Apple notebook, you can use an adapter of a higher wattage without issue.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Bobby_D

New Air to Thunderbolt display charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.