Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone frequently blocks and restarts

My iPhone5 (OS 8.1.3) relatively frequently will block — totally unresponsive — and then either I need to do a force restart or it restarts itself. This may be weekly or several times per week. Most frequently it seems to be in the morning when I have woken it up and is updating podcasts and applications.

What is going on? What to do?

Thank you in advance.

(Reposted to correct typing error in original.)

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 11:43 PM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 8:37 AM in response to mark louis uhrich

Hi Mark,

It sounds like your iPhone stops responding intermittently. Take a look at the article linked below, it provides troubleshooting suggestions that’ll resolve most issues like the one that you’ve described.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

If your device doesn't respond when you press buttons

Your device might not return to the Home screen when you press the Home button, wake from sleep when you press the Sleep/Wake button, slide to unlock or power off, or it might appear frozen. Try these steps:

1. Restart your device.
  2. If it still doesn't respond, or if it doesn't turn back on, reset your device.

Take care,

-Jason

iPhone frequently blocks and restarts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.