Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased software cannot download in App Store

I purchased "Merriam-Webster's dictionaries, Collegiate® Dictionary, Eleventh Edition" on Sep 27, 2014 in china App Store(Mac)

It was sold by "Paragon Technologie GmbH" last year. Right now it sells by 'webster' itself.

Currently, I'm using the newest rMBP and with the 10.10.2 OS.

I have ask for the help from china service but they cannot solve problem through the email and phone call.

It is very disappointed that I cannot download and use the purchased software right now.

Is there anyone who can help me solve this problem?

I am very upset about the attitude of the guy who reply my email. It was very unprofessional and very rude. I don't think that guy is capable his job.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 3:48 AM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2015 12:14 PM in response to Tao36

Besides Apple's own apps, the Mac App Store (MAS) sells content from 3rd party developers. The Terms of Use for the MAS are that you can update and redownload apps only if the 3rd party developer continues to sell their product in the MAS for your country of residence. If the product no longer appears in the list of your purchases in the Purchases pane then it is no longer available. Apple constantly encourages folks to use a backup scheme for the data and other content on their Macs. If you had this app backed up you would be able to restore it to your Mac from the backup.

Because a different developer sells a similar product, does not mean Apple must give you that product.

Mar 1, 2015 7:37 AM in response to Dah•veed

Thanks for the reply.

The same products for iPhone/iPad(I purchased all versions of that series dictionaries) are available to download. Only Mac version product is no available. This is obviously a bug and I can still "try" to update the software but it always told me that "try it later". And there is no formal email to notify the purchased product is not available.

It is not expensive but I'll think carefully next time when I try to purchase anything from iPhone/iPad/Mac.

Notify me to update a software and just let the software go to an unusable state. IMHO this is unacceptable for anyone.

Purchased software cannot download in App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.