Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the @ sign

trying to set up my new IMAC but cant find how to to I get the @ on my Spanish keyboard..on windows I use ALT GR.& @...but that option is not available on the keyboard

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 7

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 4:46 AM

15 replies

Mar 1, 2015 5:34 AM in response to DaveHeff12

DaveHeff12 wrote:

Roger...apologies for any misunderstanding..put it down to the fact that I am suffering with galloping whatsnames at the moment. I followed your instructions to the letter..option +g & option +2..in both cases it generates the © & not the @ the keyboard viewer only shows letters and no characters

Go to system preferences/keyboard/input sources and make sure that Spanish ISO is the only thing on the list.

Mar 1, 2015 7:36 AM in response to DaveHeff12

DaveHeff12 wrote:

option +g & option +2..in both cases it generates the © & not the @ the keyboard viewer only shows letters and no characters

I don't know of any keyboard layout which has © at option plus 2. Could you double check that one? If not @ there might be “ or € or ™ instead.

You may not actually be looking at Keyboard Viewer if you not see special characters when you hold down the option key. To activate it see

OS X Yosemite: Use the Keyboard Viewer

the @ sign

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.