Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro screen moves to the left and freezes but mouse can still move?

Hello,

This issue just began to happen today, but has happened twice. After finishing watching something on Netflix in safari, I exit out of the page, shut my laptop, and plug it in to charge. When I return to use it again, the entire screen has shifted to the left about an inch, leaving a black space on the right side. The mouse can still move freely, and the keyboard buttons such as screen brightness and volume work fine and show up on the screen, but I cannot click anything on the screen. I then have to hold the power button and restart to computer to eliminate the problem, in which case it functions without any issues. What is the problem?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 5:07 AM

I've seen this on a couple of Macs running Yosemite.

In those cases the screen shifted to the left by about the same amount but no mouse pointer was available. The keyboard worked fine though so was able to restart and all was then OK. The Macs in question have since been updated to El Capitan and I've received no reports of the issue again. I was just searching today to see if I could find a solution to an outstanding issues.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 5:07 AM in response to jensenbuff

I've seen this on a couple of Macs running Yosemite.

In those cases the screen shifted to the left by about the same amount but no mouse pointer was available. The keyboard worked fine though so was able to restart and all was then OK. The Macs in question have since been updated to El Capitan and I've received no reports of the issue again. I was just searching today to see if I could find a solution to an outstanding issues.

Macbook Pro screen moves to the left and freezes but mouse can still move?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.