Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased app no longer found anywhere...help?

I tried to update an existing app on my iPad. However the iTunes store refused to acknowledge it's existence. I deleted the app, trying to force a re-install which unfortunately made it worse as the app then vanished from the list of purchased apps. I did not realize that deleting a copy of an item you purchased meant that Apple could then delete your purchase history.

This app does not appear in the app store or even on a full search, except as other folks citing the app itself.

I've already done full restores. Considering it took almost a week to fix last time (iOS update bricked my iPad) I'm a bit wary on trying again.

Any help appreciated.

App name: "BinauralBeats" one word.

iPad: iPad 2, 16 GB.

iOS (latest 8.whatever)

Message was edited by: Rerednaw (spelling)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 3:16 AM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2015 3:41 AM in response to Rerednaw

I can see an iPhone app called 'Binaural Beats', but not one without the space in the middle - if that's the app, and it's still in your country's store, then it should show in the Purchased tab for redownloading (click on the 'iPad Apps' button top right of the Purchased and select 'iPhone Apps' instead).

If the app is no longer in the store then you won't be able to redownload it, if that is the case do you have a copy in your computer's iTunes library or on your backup of your downloads/library so that you can sync it back ? Content providers can remove their items from the store at any time, ideally you'd be keeping and maintaining a backup copy of all of your downloads.

For a restore, no iTunes download is included in a backup, an iCloud restore will redownload what it can from the store, an iTunes restore will look for them in your iTunes library.

Purchased app no longer found anywhere...help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.