Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail printing issue

I am using OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 and Apple Mail 8.2.

Sometimes when printing out a Mail conversation my printer shrinks the email to fit the page as though it were an image. Making the page unreadable.

Whereas it has always in the past re-wrapped the text to fit the page size. After all, it's the content you want to print out and be able to read. I have spent weeks stressing about this and today, in frustration, I deleted the senders email and just printed my reply and bingo! It worked. So if the senders email is below your reply, for some bizarre reason it maintains the line lengths in the senders email and shrinks the whole page to fit the paper size. But if you delete the senders text and print ONLY your reply, it doesn't shrink it. So that points to an issue in Mail 8.2 and not a printer driver malfunction. You would think the Mail software would have gone through some simple tests before it was released instead of letting the user resolve and point out these issues for them. Apple - I think you are all getting too fat and lazy with all your success. Are you forgetting history? When you are lean and mean you make great progress. Once you are rich and successful you sit back - and it all bites you in the bum. Or should I have said 'butt'?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Mail software

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 4:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 7:48 AM

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Feedback

Or you can use your Apple ID to register with this site and go the Apple BugReporter. Supposedly you will get an answer if you submit feedback.

Feedback via Apple Developer

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2015 7:48 AM in response to wddfromrugby

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Feedback

Or you can use your Apple ID to register with this site and go the Apple BugReporter. Supposedly you will get an answer if you submit feedback.

Feedback via Apple Developer

Apple Mail printing issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.