Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 5s and a Macbook air. All I want to do, is transfer videos from my phone to my Macbook air, and then access them afterwards. It should be simple, but it has turned into a nightmare! Any help?

I have an iPhone 5s and a Macbook air. All I want to do, is transfer videos from my phone to my Macbook air, and then access them afterwards. It should be simple, but it has turned into a nightmare! Any help?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 5:32 AM

5 replies

Feb 28, 2015 6:18 AM in response to Bugubr

In iPhoto, create a new Smart Album using the File - New menu. The criterion should be "photo is movie" (I know, odd wording, but that's how it works). This will give you an album with all your movies. When you attach your phone, iPhoto will import all new photos/movies (skipping any you already have imported) and new movies will automatically appear in that smart album that you created.

Matt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.