Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

menu appearing on iPhone 6 while in safari in landscape mode

I have a iPhone 6, and while in the Safari App, every time I turn my phone from portrait to landscape mode, my menus appear on the left side of my webpage, blocking or reducing the size of my image and text. I rotate my iPhone to be able to read smaller text, and this feature of loading my menus onto the left side of my screen defeats the purpose of landscape mode for me. I would like to stop this feature, and see the full webpage in landscape mode. Is there a way to do this? I am running IOS 8.1.3. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 7:10 AM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2015 9:57 AM in response to John Travitzky

Hello John,

It sounds like you see a menu that takes up the left side of your iPhone 6 screen when you use Safari in landscape mode.

I believe you're seeing a Bookmark, Reading List, and Subscription menu like this:

User uploaded file

If you want to hide this menu, tap the bookmark icon User uploaded file on the top left of the Safari window.

Tapping this button should close the menu and let you view full web pages on your iPhone.

You can find this information and more in the iPhone User Guide:

Keep bookmarks - iPhone User Guide

All the best,

Jeremy

menu appearing on iPhone 6 while in safari in landscape mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.