Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change the tempo and pitch of individual tracks on Garageband 10.0.3?

I just recently started using Garageband 10.0.3 and it's been updated completely, which is good in some ways. However, many things have been cleaned up and/or hidden and it's taken me a while to find certain tools or do certain things.

I've been trying to change the pitch of tracks in my project and it's taken me forever to find out how, but eventually I did. I think, though, that it changes the pitch of the whole project? (I changed the pitch by using one of the plugins, I think it's called AUPitch?) I have to double-check that, but that's how I've been changing the pitch of the tracks.

To the bigger problem... Tempo. I have searched for a good 2 hours trying to find out how to change the tempo of tracks individually and I'm really frustrated. I tried the BPM solution (changing the BPM at the very top), but that seems to change the whole project. I just want to change the tempo of individual tracks, not the whole thing. Is it even possible now?

I'm really considering using a different program. Hopefully this is just me being slightly clueless and not Garageband's fault.

GarageBand 10, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 4:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 10:39 AM

The AuPitch filter will work on individual tracks, no problem.

But you can change the tempo only for the entire project with the global tempo setting or the Tempo Track.

As a work-around: To change the tempo of individual tracks solo each track, change the tempo, then bounce the track as an audio file and reimport that audio file with the changed tempo to an audio track.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2015 10:39 AM in response to supergrass

The AuPitch filter will work on individual tracks, no problem.

But you can change the tempo only for the entire project with the global tempo setting or the Tempo Track.

As a work-around: To change the tempo of individual tracks solo each track, change the tempo, then bounce the track as an audio file and reimport that audio file with the changed tempo to an audio track.

How can I change the tempo and pitch of individual tracks on Garageband 10.0.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.