Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with app updates

Hi all - I have an iMac, iPhone 5s and and iPad 64GB B.

iMac info: MAC OS X Version 10.6.8

iPhone is iOS 8.1.3 (software up to date)

iPad: also iOS 8.1.3

On the phone and the iPad, I am having difficulty with app updates.

On the phone, I first do the updates from the iTunes store on the iMac, then sync the phone to my iMac. I see the data transfer to the phone but the apps may/may not be updated. Sometimes I get a message "can't purchase ---- app now, please try again later". Even if the sync has appeared to be successful - then the phone is still indicating that apps need to be updated - listed as "pending updates". If I click on the circle to the right of the app that needs to be updated, then click "update" - the circle starts spinning and nothing happens - this would go on forever if I let it (I close it out).

I have a small amount of apps on my phone (only 22 other than those that came with it, and less than 10 on the iPad).

After holding off until the device came to a standstill, I updated the iPad to the new operating system last week - also iOS 8.1.3 - and the same thing is happening. I do not sync the iPad to the computer - the updates should be occuring via WiFi but the same thing is happening that is described on the phone.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am not a fan of one suggestion that I have heard to "uninstall/reinstall" all apps.

I am also not convinced that it would work. And it is too time consuming.

Would appreciate any assistance you could provide.

Thank you!!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3, and iPad iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 5:21 AM

There are no replies.

Problem with app updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.