Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 has water damage. Apple said they are unwilling to fix the phone but if i pay £300 they will replace the phone with a new one. I just want to check this is definitely what happens in this case. Or is there another option?

My iPhone 6 has water damage. Apple have said they are unwilling to fix the phone, but if i pay 300 pounds they will replace the phone with a new one. I just want to make sure this is definitely what happens? Or is there another option?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 4:17 AM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2015 2:35 AM in response to Ionasky123

It can't be fixed in the sense of mending some part of it. Water damage corrodes the fine copper strips on the motherboard, so they would have to replace most of the inner components of the phone. At that point it's not worth doing - basically the phone is scrap and needs to replaced. Since a new iPhone 6 would be £539 upwards you've got a fair enough offer.

My iPhone 6 has water damage. Apple said they are unwilling to fix the phone but if i pay £300 they will replace the phone with a new one. I just want to check this is definitely what happens in this case. Or is there another option?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.