Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Consistent AppleTV issues!!!

MBP (Early 2013) and iPhone 6 wont connect to AirPlay Gen2. Screen goes black but then I receive the "could not connect" message on my devices, every time. ATV is hardwired into the router, with Netflix and everything else working perfectly. I rebooted everything, no luck what so ever. It seems that 100% of the time I have to reboot the ATV to establish a connection (after bringing it out of sleep), this just doesn't seem right!

Help guys!

Cheers,

Frustrated dude trying to stream a surf competition.... 😕

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), iPhone 6 and AppleTV all up to date

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 5:24 AM

5 replies

Feb 28, 2015 12:29 PM in response to DonH49

The thing is, its just spotty, so right now its working. Then it won't work for a day. I dont have anything specific blocked at all, The Apple TV is plugged into the same router which is broadcasting my WiFi signal, the Apple TV shows up as an airplay device everything is there and it goes to connect (apple TV goes dark on my TV) then i get a could not connect error. What should i look for with my local network specifically?

Consistent AppleTV issues!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.