Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 mail.app crashing in background

Hello all

iPhone 6 on 8.1.3

So here's a slightly annoying issue, it would appear that randomly, as I haven't figured out a trigger yet, the mail app stops working in the background. I receive emails daily and sometimes after a couple of days I'll think, I haven't received any mail for a while, open the app manually and multiple emails suddenly arrive.

I used push as I have an exchange account setup.

I've deleted my mail account and re-added it, rather not go through the pain of re-installing iOS, particularly as the issue occurred on the previous iOS 8+ releases.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thank you.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 5:04 AM

2 replies

May 18, 2016 6:21 AM in response to Naylor2006

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on this device.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

If this does not help, restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

iPhone 6 mail.app crashing in background

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.