Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Late 2013 15" MBP Video Failure

The display failed on my MBP in recent weeks; backlighting still illuminating. Apple Store stated it needed a new logic board; still under warranty. Is this a common issue with this generation? My early 2008 15" MBP display also failed early last year, prompting the purchase. Not reading anything about excessive video failures with the late 2013 edition - am I missing something?

My 2000 14" 500 mhz Powerbook (Pismo) also suffered intermittent video failure in 2007. Three independent Apple repair shops misdiagnosed the problem, which persisted until a relative working for the Dell factory repair depot in Tennessee correctly diagnosed and repaired the problem.

I moved files off of the dead display 2008 to the then new 2013 MBP; same process for moving files to a 2013 iMac? I want to wipe the MBP's HD and install a fresh copy of the most recent OS before turning it over to the Apple Store for repair.

Any/ all comments and advice will be considered and welcome.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Quadra 800>Haswell

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 7:42 AM

1 reply

Late 2013 15" MBP Video Failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.