Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

find out my apple id and password

I have a 17 inch macbook pro. I have maverick installed. Can I migrate files to a used refurbished Macbook Pro?

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 6:48 AM

2 replies

Feb 28, 2015 6:54 AM in response to lavalane

Yes.

How to move data to your new Mac using Mountain Lion and earlier - Apple Support

For the question in yur subject line:

Is there a way to find my Apple ID Name if I can't remember it?

Yes. Visit My Apple ID and click Find your Apple ID. See Finding your Apple ID if you'd like more information.

How do I change or recover a forgotten Apple ID Password?

If you've forgotten your Apple ID Password or want to change it, go to My Apple ID and follow the instructions. See Changing your Apple ID password if you'd like more information.

Feb 28, 2015 7:13 AM in response to lavalane

One of the most trouble-free ways to migrate files to a different Mac or a different Hard Drive is to install a fresh Mac OS X on the "new" system, then bring your files over by using your Time Machine Backup. Otherwise Setup Assistant or Migration Assistant can be helpful. This very nice article written by the late James Pond shows you the options:

OSX Tips

Setting-up a new Mac from an old one, its Backups, or a PC

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

find out my apple id and password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.