Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my 4th generation nano to sync with my newly installed iTunes?

I recently had to reinstall iTunes and now some of my music is missing. I'm trying to sync what's left with my 4th Generation iPod and can't find the sync option. I just bought this iPod and want to remove the previous owner's music. How do I delete the 258 tunes from this older version iPod? Thanks for your help.

iPod nano, iOS 8.1.3, 4th Generation iPod

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 5:59 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 9:20 AM in response to YumaGal

Hi YumaGal,

The easiest way to do what you are asking would be to restore the iPod nano's software, which erases all music and other content from the iPod. The process is described in this manual -

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/0/MA629/en_US/iPod_nano_4th_gen_UserGuide .pdf

See at the bottom of page 69 -

To update or restore iPod nano:

1. 1 Make sure you have an Internet connection and have installed the latest version of iTunes from www.apple.com/ipod/start.

2. 2 Connect iPod nano to your computer.

3. 3 In iTunes, select iPod nano in the source list and click the Summary tab.

The Version section tells you whether iPod nano is up to date or needs a newer version of the software.

4. 4 Click Update to install the latest version of the software.

5. 5 If necessary, click Restore to restore iPod nano to its original settings (this erases all data

from iPod nano). Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the restore process.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Sincerely,

Brett L

How do I get my 4th generation nano to sync with my newly installed iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.